Terms and Conditions and Important Notices From Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico.
This document sets out the contractual terms and conditions in relation to the services provided to you by Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico.
By making any enquiry or booking with Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
OUR COMPANY & SERVICES WE PROVIDE
Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico is a medical tourism organization that puts in relation patients from all over the world with selected mexican plastic surgeons. We are specialized in plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments and recuperation packages. Through our website we gather publicly available information and provide this information to you for your personal use in making a more informed decision about your medical treatment options outside the US, Canada or Europe.
APPLICATION FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
Patients’ applications sent via our web site or requested by phone call or email are received by Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico’ Patient Information Center. Our advisors are trained to answer general questions about the procedures and terms of the service. If the patient has questions related to medical issues, the advisor will pass the questions on to the professional and the answers back to the patient.
All exchange with the Patient Information Center is free of charge and it does not represent any kind of agreement between Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico and the patient.
Following the receipt of your general enquiry form and close up photos, you will be able to obtain an all inclusive quotation which includes the cost of the operation tailored to your needs and expectations as well as the tariff of your chosen accommodation.
The amount fixed by Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico on the first stage is your definitive amount. With Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico there is no hidden cost.
Other medical organizations give you an "estimate quote" that generally changes once you meet your surgeon "after a personal evaluation".
Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico will prepare the quote of your package, based on our price list.
Your All Inclusive Package will include:
- The Surgical Procedure
- Breast implants (if any)
- Surgeons, Anesthetist, and all medical team fees
- Stay at Hospital
- 7 days / 6 nights in a 4**** Hotel
- All breakfeasts at Hotel
- All the Pre and Post-operative Consultations
- All Local Transportation from and to (Airport / Hotel - Hotel / Hospital - Hotel / Medical Consultations)
- Bilingual Assistant
- Doctor visiting you at your hotel room 4 days a week to check your health conditions after the surgery, and to help you to change your bandages, or to help you with anything you could need during your recovery time at hotel.
The package does not include:
- Air fair
- Any personal expenses / Any lodging extras (extra Nights, sodas, phone…)
- Lymphatic Drainages or any other massages or post-surgery treatments that can be recommended by the surgeon
- Insurance expenses / Travel Insurance
- Complete blood test analysis and Additional tests and analyses depending on each case (cardiological exam, mammography...)
- The assistance service and transportation are exclusively for health related purposes.
- Related medications or those not related to the treatment.
- Nurse during recovery period
- Compression Garments after surgery and/or special bra
SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP
The Patient Care Center advisors will be in charge of planning the medical trip and they will arrange all the appointments and make the reservations with plastic surgeons, anesthetist, medical team, hospital, medical laboratory, hotel, etc...
Any and all medical information delivered by the interested patient shall be evaluated by our surgeons, which must validate such application in order to receive the requested treatment.
We propose you two ways to book your trip. We clearly specified the different steps in our page “How to Schedule your Trip"
Contrary to other medical tourism organizations or hospitals, with Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico you have the possibility to pay the total amount of your package in Mexico and after your first consultation with the surgeon.
In that case the total amount of your package should be paid to us in American Dollars or Euros by the end of the first Consultation, after your agreement to undergo surgery and before your intervention.
YOUR STAY IN MEXICO
Day of your arrival
The patient will arrive at Benito Juarez International Airport (MEX) - Aeropuerto Benito Juárez International, Mexico.
A driver will receive you and he will drive you to your hotel.
Depending on the hour of your arrival, your assistant will receive you at the hotel or she /he will call you to ensure that everything is perfect for you and to verify you have everything you need for your first medical consultation with the surgeon (Blood tests, Cardiological Exam & Surgical Risk Evaluation…).
The assistants we provide are not exclusive; they are assigned according to availability. It is possible that one assistant will receive you at the airport whereas another will go with you to the medical consultation.
It is possible for the patient to ask for an exclusive assistant, but this service has an additional cost.
First consultation with the Surgeon
Your first Medical Consultation will be programmed for the same day of your arrival or the next day, everything will depend on the hour of your arrival.
We recommend you to choose a flight that arrives at Mexico in the morning in order you can have your first consultation with the surgeon the day of your arrival.
Your assistant will accompany you to all your appointments with the surgeon.
During your first a face-to-face consultation, the surgeon will explain you in detail all the procedure, and you will have all the time you need to ask questions about your surgery and the results you can expect.
You shall inform your surgeon during the pre-operative consultation of any and all the antecedents in your clinical history, besides seeking clarification during the consultation regarding any and all doubts with regards to the possible complications, characteristic risks of the surgery and post-operative procedures.
The surgeon will give you all the information concerning the post operative cares, risks and complications.
He will determine if it is feasible to combine several procedures into one single surgical intervention without putting at risk the security and safety of the patient. If necessary, the surgeons will divide any surgical procedure into two or more interventions.
If, after your first consultation, you decide to have any additional surgery performed or to carry out your surgery in another clinic / hospital; you should express your decision directly to your Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico assistant with the aim of modifying, adjusting, or increasing the package, taking into account the additional expenses.
Consent form you will sign before the surgery
Prior to your surgery you will sign in the clinic a consent form –a legal document– in which you declare your express consent to undergo the specified surgery, being fully-aware of the risks arising from said surgical intervention.
The day of the surgery & Hospital Stay.
We will arrange everything for the surgery day, so you don't have to worry about anything except relaxing! Your assistant will drive you to the Clinic. Once in the Clinic he/she will ensure you are relaxed and comfortable in your room.
Depending on the number and kind of procedures, you will have to spend one (or two night) in the hospital where you will be resting. The next day your assistant will go to pick you up between 12:00pm and 1:00pm to take you to your hotel so you can continue with your recovery period.
After the surgery
The next medical consultation will be 48 hours after your surgery. The Surgeon will evaluate your recovery period; he will give you the instructions you need to follow to obtain the best results.
During your stay you will have follow up appointments with the surgeon after your procedure to ensure you are healing and recovering well. This is a very important step to take in the recovery process, which is often unavailable or expensive at home.
Departure and at home
Before your departure the surgeon will determine your final consultation; he will control your health state, and he will check your scars. If there is no complication or medical issue, he will discharge you.
Once this experience is finished a taxi driver from the hotel will chauffeur you to the airport.
Our support and commitment doesn't finish at the airport. We will check your progress by email or phone.
YOUR SURGICAL GUARANTEE
Your trust drives our success. Our Surgical Guarantee is the difference between us and the others!
Our experience in the Medical Tourism has allowed us to understand the needs of each one of our patients and their fears prior to surgery.
To relieve your anxiety and ensure you a total peace of mind, Top Plastic Surgery Mexico places at your disposal its Surgical Guarantee.
We provide our clients with the assurances that they are not putting themselves at unnecessary risk by travelling overseas for surgery.
Before your Surgery (in your country).
To prevent all possible medical risks -during and after surgery- (for example clotting and cardiac problems, diabetes, etc.), all patients must fill out a complete Medical History Form, as well as undergo a full set of pre-operative blood work (Blood formula - Blood group - Haemostasis Urea - Glycaemia - Hepatitis B and C - HIV). The blood analysis will have to be performed in your country prior to your arrival.
For some patients, and depending on the surgery, a cardiogram is required.
As a first step, this full set of pre-operative blood work is essential to us to confirm there is no medical reason to not undergoing your surgery.
After your Surgery
Our policy regarding the length of stay (each one of our plastic surgery package includes at least from 8 days to 15 days FREE at hotel); will reduce the risk of post surgery complications once in your country.
A unique Patient Care Guarantee
If you are healthy without prior medical conditions and have realistic expectations, follow your surgeon’s advice and recovery instructions, then you should be pleased with your results. If, in the case that a problem does arise as a direct result of the surgery or hospital admission that requires revision surgery, Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico has a guarantee policy and review process.
As we guide you, we also ask for your help to help yourself with your recovery. If you travel with us for surgery, and accept our advices, your risks will be minimized and you should be very happy with your results.
Should complications arise (under extremely rare circumstances), there is always an immediate solution.
Immediate postoperative problems can be solved during the patient’s stay in the Clinic / hospital.
In case of medical malpractice the medical team will assume all the costs arising therefrom.
Should it be necessary to prolong your stay because of a medical malpractice, with the specific aim of undergoing corrective procedures or to guarantee your full recovery prior to your return, we will cover your hotel expenses for 7 days, local transportation, all post-operative visits, and general associated expenses arising from the corrective surgery in Mexico.
Therefore, our guarantee means that you can rest assured that in the unlikely event that you should require a corrective surgery in case of medical malpractice we will pay fully for the costs of necessary stay, surgeons, anaesthetist, full medical team, accommodation and hotel bills here in Mexico, to perform your corrective surgery into the conditions than your first procedure was done.
Complications can arise in plastic surgery. Legal recourse usually takes years to resolve.
With Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico, court action is not necessary.
We are committed to redo your procedure without further delay or additional costs in case of medical medical malpractice.
Our Commitment and Guarantee
Patients are advised that risks are inherently associated with any surgery, and that patients should be fully informed of those risks prior to electing to undertake surgery at Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico. Information on surgical, anaesthetic and other risks are detailed in our website, all this information must be fully discuss with their attending surgeon.
Review Process for Surgical Guarantee
If a patient has a complication then your Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico assistant should be immediately advised. Please provide full details of the complication along with any evidence such as photos, medical reports or statements.
A review committee consisting of your attending assistant, your Plastic Surgeon, and the Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico Manager will review the complication.
The review committee will review the evidence and make a determination.
This determination will essentially be:
1. Whether the complication is related to surgery, hospital treatment or admission
2. Whether the complication is related to unrealistic expectations of the patient, previous medical or pre existing conditions, the patient not fully following post operative or surgeons instructions.
3. Whether the complication is not related to surgery, hospital treatment or admission.
After a determination of the above, the amount and extent of responsibility between the surgeon and the patient will be allocated. In some cases, responsibility will be 100% allocated to the surgeon, in others, 50% to the surgeon and 50% to the patient, and in others 100% responsibility to the patient. Allocation of responsibility will be made on a case by case basis.
Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico will notify the patient of the determination in writing.
If a patient disagrees with the determination, they should immediately notify Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico, in writing, providing the reasons why they disagree with the determination.
Patient should be aware that:
1. All post-operative advice provided by surgeons, including medication recommendations, restricted activities, follow up care must be followed
2. Compression garments where recommended must be worn according to the surgeons instructions
3. Post operative stays in hotels must be in an approved Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico hotel
4. In cases that a patient considers to be an emergency, such as acute pain, acute swelling or infection, the client should seek immediate medical assistance calling her or his Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico assistant. If the complication occurs once the patient is in his/her own country ; the patient should obtain a medical report or statement detailing the diagnosis, treatment provided and cost of treatment and forward this information to Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico.
5. Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico will not reimburse treatment costs that have not been pre approved in writing by Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico.
6. Generally, except in the cases of emergency or acute complications, no determination will be made by Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico for 6 months following surgery. This is to allow ample time for the minimisation of any swelling and to allow normal healing, scar minimisation etc.
7. No procedures, except in emergencies or acute complications, may be performed by another surgeon without the consent of Top Plastic Surgeons
Patients with any of the following risk factors should ensure that this information has been provided to their surgeon before undertaking any surgical procedure and declared fully and truthfully on the pre admission form, including but not limited to:
1. Patients who smoke or are alcohol or drug dependent
2. Patients outside a healthy BMI range
3. Patients with diabetes or thyroid disease
4. Patients with blood pressure disorders including hypertension, limb ischemia, varicose vein or hemorrhoids
5. Patients with heart conditions including valvular disease or ischemia
6. Patients with renal conditions including chronic renal failure or stone
7. Patients with urinary conditions including benign prostatic hypertrophy, stricture of the urethra
8. Patients with liver conditions including cirrhosis or hepatitis
9. Patients with lung conditions including COPD, asthma or TB
10. Patients with gastrointestinal conditions including peptic ulcer
11. Patients with marrow conditions including dysplastic marrow
12. Patients with nerve conditions including sensory, motor or autonomic disturbance
13. Patients with muscle conditions including weakness, myasthenia-Gravis or Guilain-barre syndrome
14. Patients with uterine conditions including dysmenorrhea and endometriosis
15. Patients with joint conditions including arthritis
16. Patients with eye conditions including glaucoma
17. Patients with psychiatric conditions depression, schizophrenia or anxiety
18. Patients with systemic conditions including autoimmune disease allergy or cancer
19. Patients with degenerative conditions to the spine, bone, joints, eye or brain
20. Patients with keloid scarring problems
21. Patients with vascular or heart problems
22. Patients who take medications which could interfere with recovery
23. Patients who are allergic to medications or other non disclosed allergies
24. Patients who are HIV positive, or have hepatitis or syphilis
Surgical Guarantee Exclusions
Patients should be aware that the following exclusions will not be covered by this guarantee:
1. Inherent risks associated with surgery which are not a result of surgery error / medical malpractice, including but not limited to: capsular contracture, skin rippling and double bubble effect (in the case of breast implants), numbness and changes in sensation, Keloid scarring, asymmetry, infection, complications due to surgical wound dehiscence.
2. Changes associated with weight gain/loss or pregnancy since the surgery
3. Applicable only to patients who have stayed the minimum recommended amount of nights recommended to recovery of the named procedure
4. Case where patients who have been identified and advised that
a) they are high risk
b) surgical outcomes may not be fully attained as expected by the patient
c) prior to surgery, the surgery technique used, or any other factor provided to the patient which may result in a complication. This particularly applies to patients who insist on having a procedure, when they have been informed by the surgeon that the results may not be optimal
5. Specific procedures - Silhouette Threading, Rhinoplasty, Cheek Implants, Chin Implants and Buttock Implants, Otoplasty
NOTE: All revision surgery procedures must be finalized within 1 year of the original surgery.
If, once the patient has had the pre-operative consultation, the surgeon verifies that exists physiological impediments or if there are very high risks associated with the intervention, Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico and the surgeon are entitled to refuse to provide the surgical service, and we will only bill for the lodging expenses, local transportation, and contracted services.
If for any reason the patient doesn’t arrive on the date mentioned in the contract, the Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico retains the right to change the date of the surgery.
If for any reason, the patient decides to interrupt his/her trip, reduce it, or not make use of any of the services offered by the company, the latter shall not be entitled to reimburse any amount paid.
Should Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico will have to cancel the patient’s surgery for any reason, Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico will reimburse the entire amount paid previously.
COMPANY & SURGEON RESPONSIBILITY
The surgeons, medical team and its staff assume full responsibility for the medical portion. The patient will not hold Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico responsible.
The Client recognizes that Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico bears responsibility and guarantees the patient’s lodging, in which is included breakfast, transport, coordination of medical agenda, coordination of local transportation, and in general Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico shall establish the necessary contacts for the requested surgery.
The patient recognizes that the Health Care Professional assumes full responsibility for the medical portion before the Company and the patient.
As with any routine precaution when traveling abroad, Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico advises the patient obtain suitable travel insurance.
When transporting the patient, Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico works with responsible carrier companies that can be deemed reliable by the patient.
Neither Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico, nor the physician and the medical team, shall be responsible for any medical situation that may occur during the patient’s stay, in which they have failed to take part or make any decision whatsoever. For instance, self-medication, performance of piercings and the like.
Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico reserves the right to make any necessary modification to the content of its website without further notice.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change our Terms & Conditions from time to time.
The user shall be able to access the information in the Website without providing any personal data. However, should the user make any consultation via e-mail, in which case a form must be completed, the personal information provided therein shall be included in a file, to be use only by Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico, and which purpose is to furnish the information requested, benefiting from the advantages associated to filling in said form and sending the user business offers adjusted to specially fit his/her profile, whether by mail or e-mail.
All personal data filled in by the users in the Website through the form/s shall not be shared or redistributed to third parties.
The information on this web site is only intended as an introduction to various procedures and should not be used to determine whether you will have the procedure performed nor as a guarantee of the result. The best method of determining your options is to consult one of our qualified surgeons who are able to answer specific questions related to your situation.